Here is a list of locations that were shown or mentioned in Gulliver's Travels.
For the sake of convenience, all locations will be listed under which continent or ocean they were located within.
Kingdom of Great Britain
- The Kingdom of Great Britain, a growing island kingdom on northwestern Europe, was Gulliver's home country.
- Redriff - Gulliver's hometown.
- Kingdom of Portugal (Portuguese Empire) - a rival of Great Britain, and the first colonial empire of the Renaissance.
- Dutch Republic (Netherlands, Holland) - a rival of Great Britain, one of the nations that had many adventures in Asia. One of the few nations, other than Luggnagg, that the Japanese permitted international trade with.
- Brobdingnag - a land of giants
- Japan was ruled by a series of shoguns, who kept it under near-isolation from the outside world, except for several countries such as Holland, Ryukyu, Qing Dynasty China, and Luggnagg. Gulliver briefly visited Japan after his disappointing time at Luggnagg.
- Yeddo, the capital city of Japan, and the residence of the Emperor.
- Laputa - a floating island of science-obsessed people
- Balnibarbi - a project-obsessed nation under Laputa that it fights against
- Glubbdubdrib - a land of sorcerers and ghosts of historical figures
- Luggnagg - an island of miserable immortals. One of the few nations, like Holland, that were permitted to trade with Japan.
- Houyhnhnm Land - an island off the southern coast of what is now Australia where an aloof race of sentient horses enslaves a race of barbaric humans.
- Jonathan Swift gives the strict locations for Lilliput relative to Van Diemen's land (Tasmania) in such a manner that Lilliput would be placed within Australia. Thus, some people agree that Swift intended Lilliput to be placed in the Tasman Sea.